Saturday, February 18, 2012

2012 Vision Board - Step 2 continued

To Continue with Step 2 I got bombarded by questions when I went to the meeting tonight. When I tried leaving early to catch my bus home I was stopped by a posse of women who wanted, NAY, demanded (you know who you are too) I cover the area of relationships next. So, before I get tarred and feathered... next I'll work on the area of relationships. As I said in the previous post, you should find images that evoke the feelings you want to experience with your loved ones. I love and enjoy family time so much that after holiday vacations are over my son and I share how much we missed each other on the first day back at work and school.

Patricia, a friend whose been nudging (read as harassing) me to help her find a boyfriend through this process, said she wasn't clear on how to do this step. So I suggested she close her eyes and imagine what kinds of feelings she thinks about when she thinks of being wooed by her ideal man. I asked her to focus on the kind of love she wants to experience. Her reply: RED HOT PASSION... Well, that definitely raised an eyebrow. Its always the shy ones... lol!

I then suggested she find a picture that evokes the same response or feelings of the RED HOT PASSION she's looking for. After looking through what she said were hundreds of images on google with those key words and getting tired of looking at scantily clad women, I suggested she think of a movie where she said to herself that's the kind of passion she wants to experience. Well, after googling images for those movies she came up with the 2 images below.



Next I suggested to Patricia that she consider creating positive statements that she feels comfortable and good about saying on a daily basis in relation to these pictures. Once again she struggled thinking it had to be perfect the first time she put pen to paper. Here I explained that my affirmations have evolved over time to something that is easy for me to meditate on. I simply suggested she practice the KISS principle with this: Keep It Simple Sweetie!

She came up with 2 statements: "I love to experience passion" and "I am open to experience intense passionate love in my life."

Okay I said to her I'm really glad you're getting how this work. And just before our conversation ended, I asked her is that the only kind of love you wish to experience? How about a love that is deep and abiding and lasts through the ages? Or how about a deep friendship that into a deep richer love that you've never known before? Experiencing RED HOT PASSION can be a challenge in a relationship because that might be hard to sustain over a longer period of time.

So, the moral of this post is: think carefully about what you want to invite and create in your life and why. Think long about that why and what if you get lots of it... is that something you would really want? Her RED HOT PASSION reminds me of the fable of the King Midas - who had the golden touch where everything he touched, including his wife turned to gold.
Okay go an Create.

Well a short while ago she emailed me and shared with me that she came up with a more positive more balanced statement: "I am open to experience a deep love that is able to experience the heights of passion and loving friendship."

Now that is Excellent! Ok guys, email me your pics and your positive statements or affirmations and don't forget to have fun while you're working!