Sunday, February 19, 2012

2012 Vision Board - Steps 1



I've been sharing with friends and home group members for the past week about how excited I am about working on my vision board. I realized a few weeks ago that I fulfilled over 80% of my wishes posted on my old board. My son has been able to experience or achieve over 95% of what was on his dream board. For children its easier because they have less fear and baggage to hold them back.

Anyway, some of my home group members have been hounding me to do a workshop on this for some time now or to help them with their boards. I decided that instead of a workshop I agreed to post the stuff here for them to see how I do it so they can follow along and ask questions. Since I'm in the middle of creating my new vision board, I think its a perfect opportunity for my friends to follow along. Please note, I've disabled comments, so if you have questions just call, text or email me. I'll share them here anonymously so that we can all benefit.

Let's begin by exploring some new & wonderful dreams by my revisiting the things I wanted to pursue for the near future on my old vision board. For me its to visit Yosemite Falls in the spring and hike up to the peak and campout there overnight. This has been on my vision board for the past 2 years and the only thing that has stopped me till now has been fear - I've never camped under the stars. And even though I climbed onto the roof plenty of times as a kid and slept there in my pajamas, doesn't mean I know a thing about camping.

So as I stared at my vision board this past christmas morning I said quietly to myself... Its Yosemite Falls in April 2013!!!

Step 1: Decide what goal, experience or area of your life you want to focus on. Next, envision the energy/feelings you want to experience when you attain the goal or have the experience. Using the example above I will show you below what's on my list in my Travel area. Now you may not have a travel area, so of course you can do that with visiting family or dear friend. You can be this general or as specific as your little heart desires. Here's some of the sections or categories I have on my vision board:

Home/Work Environment: Harmony, Peace, Beauty, & Joy
Creativity: Divinely inspired & inspired, Expressive, Reflective, Thought-provoking
Relationships: Loving, vibrant, supportive, fulfilling, harmonious & happy!
Health: vibrant, energetic,
Travel: inspired, connect 2God through nature, experience peace & harmony!
Service: For my family, NA and my community
Connection to the Divine/God: Love-centered
Connection to self: Love-filled, inspired

Ok, now its your turn. The one must that I can't stress enough is that you remain hopeful or positive through this process. Sit in a quiet place with a piece of paper and think about what you would like to experience over the next few years. Don't over think it, just let your heart lead the way! :)